Thursday, December 3, 2009

Response Question SECTION 2- pages 55-97

Think about the initial presentation Sam, George, and Rameck hear about the program at Seton Hall. What are some of the program's requirements? Have you ever heard of programs like that? Would you ever consider being a part of such a program?

51 comments:

  1. Umm, Well, the college Sam, George, and Rameck heard was basically an easy way to get a college expirence. I've never really read anything about colleges yet, i'm waiting for junior year or senior year. Yeah probably, only if i don't get a scholarship in others. It can just be like a backup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The program at Seton Hall was created to make higher education accessible for poor students. George's interest in dentistry, he convinced the others to apply to Seton Hall. I heard of a lot of programs like that, like The HOPE Program. I would consider myself being part of The Hope Program because it a essay way to enter college and they help you pay for how long you would spend in college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The requirement for the program that Rameck, Sam and George heard about in the library was they their need high school academic records , teacher recommmendations, and personal interviews and SAT scores were considered I heard of several other programs like that for example PITT and job corp. I wouldn't join these programs because i plan on going to college or an university but i think that these programs are important for other people want to farther their education.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seton Hall was created so that minotity students would have a chance to become doctors. This program requires High school adademic records, recommendations from their teachers, and a personal interview. yes i have heard of programs like this before. Yes i would consider being part of a program like this because it seems to be a really good school that helps to furthur your education and would help prepare me for medical school I choose to be a docter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "Seton Hall Program" seems to be an opportunity of a lifetime! I haven't researched on such opportunities yet, but I plan to. I want to get in the medical bussiness and if I saw a chance like that I would totally grab it! I mean, you're getting this for FREE! This isn't something you see every day! Like in the book, I believe it is necessary to have more doctors in urban areas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the requirements of the programs are based on high-school academic records, teacher recommendations, and personal interviews. Sometimes SAT scores are considered. I haven't heard of programs in which college expenses were free besides getting a scholarship. I would consider being part of a programm like this i am benefiting alot. Thats a great deal getting to go to college for free and all I have to do is get good grades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Seton Hall Program's requirements are teacher recommendations, a Personal interview and is also based on high school academic records. This program was made for minority students could have a chance to become doctors when they grow up. I have herd of programs like this. Yes i would be a part of a program like this because it would be good for me if i choose to become a doctor when i get older, it is also a great way to furtur my education.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marquan Middleton 10DDecember 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM

    The requirements needed were high school academic records, teacher recommendations, personal interviews and SAT's were considered. I have heard of many programs like this and i think that later on in life if one was to pop up again i would take that opportunity and apply so i would have a better chance of going to the next level of higher learning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When George, Sam, and Rameck went to Seton Hall's presentation they went because they were all interested in going to college and figured that the presentation would be helpful for them.Although they all had interest in college the presentation didn't inetrest Sam and Rameck the way it did George. They all had different ideas about what colleges they wanted to attend as well as career paths. But George had alway been intrigued by the medical field so the presentation got his attention. George eventually was able to convince Rameck and Sam to follow his lead and apply To Seton hall and fortuanatly they did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the program accepts students based on academic records personal interviews and teacher recommendations. George felt this prgram set up all the steps for him because he wanted o go to college so he felt it was helpful. I have heard of programs like this an i wouldn mind going to presentation like the one they went to. It might be helpful to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The presentation Sam, George, and Remeck hear about the program at Seton hall, caught their attention. The recruiter said the program was designed to make higher education possible for students that could not afford college. But have the ability to succeed in college. Some may be eliminated durining the normal admission process. The program also accept's students based on high-school academic's,records, teacher recommendations, and interviews. SAT scores may or not matter in the normal admission process. I've really never heard these types of programs. I'm glad they are out there for me and other students. I hope to go to college and be in some type of program to help me and my future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some of the program's requirements that Seton Hall are their high school academic records, teacher recommandations and SAT scores sometimes. No, i haven't heard of these programs. But i would like to be apart of a program that would help me. Also, i would love to go to a college especially when it is free and plus they offer good education.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some requirements for Seton Hall were high-school academic's records, teacher recommendations, and interviews. No, I have never heard of a program like this before. If I had the opportunity to partake in such a program I would. Your basically going to get a higher education for FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some of the programs requirements are high school academic records, teacher recommendations and a personal interview. But SAT are not a major issue in this sought of program. I have heard of programs like this. I would defiantly consider being in a program like this because it is a great way to help you get into college.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Seton hall program is for the minority who wants to get a higher education for nothing. Some of the Requirements to get in are a teacher’s recommendations, Interviews, and academic records. No I have not heard anything about these kinds of programs. I don't know if I would go to one of those schools because, I don’t no if I would want to be a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When they are in the libraby they hear about this Seton Hall that they don't have to pay to get in they just have to have good school academic records,they need a teachers recommendation and a interview. SAT score do not really matter to get in this school.I have not heard about a program like this and i probably wouldn't go

    ReplyDelete
  17. The program Sam,George,and Rameck were listening to was a Pre-medical\Pre-Dental Plus Program. It was created under the Educational Opportunity Program created at Seton Hall in 1968. The programs's requirements were adequate high school academic records , Teacher recommendations, and one-on-one interviews. The program provided free training and support and counseling for more minority students. I have never really heard of such a program. I would consider joining because I think it would be a good opportunity to do good in life. I also think it would be great that other minority students, and I would help with the advancement with minorities in the medical field.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Seton hall program is a chance for kids who can't afford colleges to go get an education for free to become a doctor or a dentist. The program accepts students based on there records,teacher recommendations,personal interviews,and there academic records.I have never heard of a program like this. I wouldn't go to it unless the program was for something that i wanted to become when i am older.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Seton Hall Program was Pre-medical\Pre-Dental Plus Program. It is a good program because they don't have to pay they just need to get good grades. The recommendations were getting good grades, teacher recommendations, and to do an interview. I never heard of a program like that. I would actually like to be in programs like that because i am very interested in the medical field. The program is also free and is a good opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Caroleena Albaroki 10EDecember 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM

    I think the Seton Hall Program was a great Pre-medical\Pre-Dental Plus program. I really like the idea of having this free opportunity, especially to someone who has a dream in becoming something big and never gets the chance to do it. The requirements in getting into these programs are having a good interview, getting good grades, and by having good support by teachers. I would love to get an opportunity like this and reach my goals, but unfortunately I haven’t just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Seton Hall program that Sam, George, and Rameck were listening to was for poor students who have the ability to succeed and make a higher education more possible. The program funds several specialized programs that make the money for tuition, housing, counseling, tutoring, and assessment testing. The program requirements are based on high-school academic records, teacher recommendations, and personal interviews. I have never heard of a program like that but just like George said,"I had no real plan. I knew I was going to college. That was it". If I was in his situation I would want to be part of the program because of how much it helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seton Hall is a program for students and minority to get higher education for free. This program requires the student to have high grades. The Seton Hall program to me is a very good program because some of the people in this economy can't afford to pay for college tuition. I for one would consider this program to be a success for low class and middle class people of the united States. Many opportunities are in this program.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The presentation Sam, George, and Remeck heard at Seton Hall was a program created for people who could not afford higher education but had the ability to be successful. Acceptance into the program are based on having good highschool grades,recommendations from any teachers, and or interviews. I havn't heard of any programs like this but im sure there are some out there. I would definitely consider going into a program like this one simply because I would be getting a college education without spending thousands of dollars for books etc.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Although Sam and Rameck were not paying attention to the recruiter from Seton Hall, George started to tune in when he heard about the Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Plus Program. The program accepts students based on high-school academic records, teacher recommendations, personal interviews, and SAT scores. This program revived George’s dream that sat idle for a while, this dream came back alive, allowing him to go to college for free, perusing his dream of becoming a dentist in Newmark. I know that there are many available programs out there that are similar to the one at Seton Hall. As Orison Marden said, “Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.” Opportunities are everywhere, you just have to seize them; I would consider going to a program mainly because it’s FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The presentation that Rameck, Sam, and George heard in the library is about the Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Plus program created at Seton Hall in the year 1968. This is an amazing oppurtunity to possibly turn poor students who have the capability to succeed in college into doctors. Incredible benefits from this program such as free tuturing and free college is unbelievable to me but it's a real program! The requirements needed to join the program is based on one-on-one interviews, academic records from high school, SAT scores, and teacher recommendations. Unfortunately, some students will be eliminated during the normal college-admissions process. Honestly, i have never heard such a program before in my life but i plan to search for a program similar to that in the future hopefully. Of course i would consider being a part of this program because its free! Who would turn this oppurtunity down if he/she would want to major in the medical department. In the future, i hope to become a family doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The program Rameck, Sam and George heard about is a program for poor student who wanted an opportunity to get a better education. The program had many specific requirements like teacher recommendations, good SAT scores, good high school averages for all their subjects, and last a personal interview. I never heard of programs like this, but i did hear of programs that are similar to it. I've heard of programs where they give good advice to all students on how to get a chance to get a scholarship for college.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The program that Sam, George, and Rameck heard about in the library is a once in a life time opportunity. It gives people of all races a chance to achieve anything they want to. Some of the requirements are that they must not perform poorly in their classes and in what they’re shooting for. Programs like that look at people academically. They choose their students based on their performance in class. No, I’ve never heard of any programs like that. I haven’t gotten then chance to do my research on colleges and how they do their acceptance programs. I would attend a program like that, because of the hard work you have to do. In the end, I would be proud f all the work I put in.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The program Rameck, Sam and George heard about is a program for poor student who wanted an opportunity to get a better education. The program had many specific requirements like teacher recommendations, good SAT scores, good high school averages for all their subjects, and last a personal interview. This program also helps the less fortunate kids to get good occupations like a lawyer, doctor or even a good teacher. I never heard of programs like this, but i did hear of programs that are similar to it. I've heard of programs where they give good advice to all students on how to get a chance to get a scholarship for college. I dont mind trying this program because it is free and it will help me get to my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Olney H., 10E (Lelouch)December 16, 2009 at 6:23 PM

    Although the exact and precise requirements, in numerical academic form, of the program is not listed clearly, it states that, "The program accepts students based on high-school academic records, teacher's recommendations, and personal interviews. SAT scores are considered, but they matter less than in the normal admissions process." And no, I have not heard of such a program. Although, if I were presented with such an offer, I would seriously consider the proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Seton Hall Program,that Sam, George, and Remeck heard was a program offering free support for people who couldn't pay for better learning like colleges. Although it was free, the program had certain requiremnts. These requirements were personal interviews,high-school academic records and teacher recommendations. I have not encountered any programs like that. Well at least not yet. I think its a great opportunity. I would definetly consider myself being apart of a program like this if i had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jasmine Sistrunk 10fDecember 16, 2009 at 8:02 PM

    The Seton Hall's requirements consist of interviews, recommendations, sometimes SAT scores, and high school GPA records. This program is for minority students to learn about differnt medical fields. I don't want a career in any medical field, so I have not looked or come across any programs such as this one. But, if I was to come across such a program, I definitely would take up this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Seton Hall Program was Pre-medical\Pre-Dental Plus Program. It is a good program for the men because they don't have to pay.The requirementswere getting good grades, teacher recommendations, and an interview. Nope I havent really heard of a college like that but then again I'm not looking for a college right now so i wouldnt know.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The requirement for Seton Hall’s was to help students from not that privileges backgrounds to help them become lawyers, doctors or something that’s in the professional area. The program requires a teacher recommendation, an interview and academic records. I have heard of programs like this. I am not sure if I would be in the program or not. If it came along, I probably would try to join it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Some of the requirements for the program that Rhameck, George, and Sam heard about at Seton Hall were that they needed recommendations from teachers, records of their academic grades, and they had to be interviewed by one of the people who ran the program. I have heard of many programs like this designed to help students in college. I would definitely join a program like this if I had the oppurtunity. Whatever help I can get in college I will be happy to accept.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Plus Program (created in 1990)was constructed to make higher education possible for poor students. The program reqiured that the students have high high-school academics, teacher recommendations, and personal intervies. SAT scores were also considered.

    ReplyDelete
  36. the programs at stenton hall that rameck george ansd sam herd about stenton hall was basicall the easy way to have advanced college classes and get an experience of college i havent herd about ptrograms like that.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have heard of some of those programs. I do not think that I would be apart of those programs. I am not the type of person that would attend those programs. I probably would attend one of those programs.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Seton Hall’s program requires students with high- school academic records, teacher recommendations, personal interviews, and SAT scores (they matter less than in the admissions process). I think I have heard of these programs, but I would like to hear more about them once I become a junior or senior. I would consider being a part of these programs because I do not wish for my parents to keep paying a lot of money for me to receive an education.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Plus Program was created at Seton Hall in 1968. In order to be affirmed into the program, one must have strong academic prowess, exceptional teacher recommendations, and a first-rate personal interview. In addition, SAT scores are also taken into account, despite not being as much of a factor as in conventional admission processes. I have heard of such programs in the Philadelphia area. I do plan on attending a program at Pennsylvania Hospital this summer; one similar to our Career Development Internship. I believe these programs enable the youth of today for the “real” world once finished with college. Better preparation now will allow you to have the upper hand on the competition later.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jahmarley Samuels 10BDecember 17, 2009 at 3:00 PM

    The program that Sam, George, and Rameck heard at Seton Hall, was a pre-medical program made for men and women with good academic grades in High School, teacher recommendedations, Good S.A.T scores, and lastly personal interviews. I have heard of programs like this and would recommend this to anyone that wants to excel in the medical or dental career. The program sounds good but personally I rather focus on getting into college.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm pretty sure that the requirements for Sam, Rameck, and George to get into the Seton Hall program required good grades. But I've never heard of a program that all you had to do was to get interviewed by the counselors, and then they will decide if you get into the program or not. Even though the program seems too easy to get in, I would still consider having a program like that because it gives you a heads-up to the next four years in college.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The Seton Hall program is a pretty amazing oppurtunity for everyone who excels in their academics. The requirement for this program is intimidating but with a lot of effort anyone can join. There are many requirements for this program such as high SAT scores to teachers recommendations etc. Even though I had never heard of such a program, if I was present with this oppurtunity I would definitely consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The program was a great opportunity for student who wasn’t financially ready to attend college because it didn’t have to worry about paying tuition. Seton Hall was committed to training many students to enter medicine as doctors through many programs that provided free tutoring counseling and other stuff. I have not heard about any program like this before, at least not yet but if I did, I will be the first person on the list eager to take that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  44. The program was a great opportunity for student who wasn’t financially ready to attend college because you didn’t have to worry about paying tuition. Seton Hall was committed to training many students to enter medicine as doctors through many programs that provided free tutoring counseling and other stuff. I have not heard about any program like this before, at least not yet but if I did, I will be the first person on the list eager to take that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The Seton Hall program is a program to help kids with the disadvantage of money. They can go here to get a college degree. It's a pretty amazing opportunity. Some of the requirements of the programs are based on high-school academic records, teacher recommendations, and personal interviews. I have never heard of a program like that. I would definetley go to soemthing like that if it would help me with the career that I plan to be.

    ReplyDelete
  46. The Seton Hall is a college which allows students with disadvantage of money(as Angela said), because it's free tuition and free tutoring for pre-med. the requirements, just as other colleges, they look at your SATs, recommendations from teachers and academic records. I've heard of a program like that but it was for a highschool instead of a college. 2/3 of the requirements are the same, of course, the SATs are not included considering it's a highschool. It is the best opportunity anyone can every recieve. Rameck, Sam, and George is extremely lucky to be introduced to an opportunity to change their lives with the neighborhood they're living in.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Like any other college, the program at Seton Hall requires students’ academic records, teacher recommendations, personal interviews, and their SAT scores. The program provides money for tuition and housing, free counseling, tutoring, and other assisted help for students who can’t afford it. I have never heard of this kind of program before. I would consider this program, the opportunity would be great any student.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental program was created at Seton Hall in 1968. Setan Hall's program requires students with high school academic records, teachers recommendations, personal interviews, and SAT scores. This program help student who can't afford college and provides money for the tuition, free counseling and free tutoring. I never herd this before. I would definitely try this program and hopefully get into a good college school.

    ReplyDelete
  49. The program available at Seton Hall, is a presentation for pre-medical and pre-dental students. This gives an oppourtunity to give the people with the potential and the skills to succeed, to get a good education if they cannot afford it. I have not heard of any programs like that. If i was interested in fufilling a career in medical of some sort, i would take advantage of what has been offered.

    ReplyDelete
  50. The Seton Hall program was created to give an opportunity to the less fortunate to go to college. It is some programs like that for the Historically Black Colleges (HBC). They have special programs for it. I actually am not intrested in the medical field but I would like to test it and see how I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  51. The Educational Opportunity Program mention in The Pact is based upon high-school academic records, teacher recommendations, and personal interviews. SAT scores are taken into account, even though they are not as imperative as the requirements previously mentioned. I am familiar with these types of programs. However, I have never actually considered becoming involved in such a program.

    ReplyDelete