Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1. Look for posts marked “Response Question” with the page numbers for that week. Pick a question that you want to answer.
2. Click on the word “comments” right below the question. This will take you to a new page.
3. Type your answer into the “leave your comment” box on the right. Guidelines for posting:
· Please use proper spelling and capitalization.
· Your answer must be at least 50 words long.
· Please read other people’s posts and think about what they are saying. You are welcome to agree/disagree with them in your own posts – but also make sure that your posts show original thought.
4. Sign your post. Below your comment, select the “name/url” choice under “choose your identity.” Then please type your first name and last initial in the “name” box. You must do this correctly or else I can’t give you credit for your work!
Some of the activities that George is active in is martial arts. I do think that activities can keep teenagers out of trouble. It gives teenagers the time to enjoy what they are doing. It gives them the chance to think of the future. Activities Occupies the teenagers time. I did belong to a basketball group like that when I was little, but when I got into high school, I got involved in after school activities.
ReplyDeleteGeorge joins many activities including the Shakespeare Club, and the police athletic club in elementary. And in high school, hejoined baseball. I agree that school activities help teens stay away from the streets. They are fun and safe. I don't join activities but i do join in sports.
ReplyDeleteGeorge joins martial arts.i don't aggree because he can fight someone and use martial arts on someone. He also joins the baseball team.I agree with that because sports can keep him out of trouble. It's safe and fun for him.
ReplyDeletewhen george was in high school, he chose people exactly like him, people that concentrates in school but likes to have fun. that's what lead him to sam and rameck, george joined the shakespare club and police athletic league and baseball. sam had karate lessons, and rameck was in drama club. i think school activites would keep you off the streets because they keep you more busy and provides safe places to meet kids with the same interests.
ReplyDeleteSome groups that George joined during high school was the Shakespeare Group and Martial Arts lessions. Do I agree or disagree that activities and athletics can keep teenages off the streets? Well I do agree but I believe it keeps not just teenages off the streets but almost every other age group. I can say this cause putting in hard work at football practice or going to the gym makes me not feel like going back out. lol
ReplyDeleteSome of the activities that George says helped kept him out of trouble are the Shakespeare Club that he joined in elementary school and the Police Athletic League from elementary through junior high. I agree that getting involved in activities can help teenagers stay off the streets. It helps you relax your mind and also provide safe places to meet other people with the same interests, so you do not have to worry about peer pressures. I do belong in groups like these.
ReplyDeleteThe activities that George said kept him out of trouble were the Shakespeare club and the police athletic league. It’s true that teenagers who stay in school activities or groups tend to stay of the streets. I do sometimes belong in groups such as these, but I tend to get lazy sometimes.
ReplyDeleteThe activities that George did, for example, are martial arts. I, personally, believe that activities do keep teenagers off the streets. Some of the reasons are that if your committed to something then you have to be there and if you have something to occupy your time it will keep you out of trouble. I do belong to sports groups and other extra corricular activities: examples are basketball, soccer, etc.
ReplyDeleteGeorge joined the martial arts club and te Shakespeare club to keep him out of trouble. I do think that activity's that you jooin in school keeps you out of trouble because it keeps you occupied and out of trouble, and it's better for you to be doing something in school rather than be getting in trouble outside of school.
ReplyDeleteGeorge, I belive found a very good way to try nd keep himself out of trouble which was joinin the Shakespeare nd arts club. I think that it was a good way to try nd stay out of trouble because instead of being out on the streets, he was spending most of his time in school.
ReplyDeleteGood Job George !
George joins many activities including the Shakespeare Club, and martial arts. In high school, he joined baseball. I think school activities would keep you off the streets because they keep you busier and provides safe places to meet kids with the same interests. I do belong in groups like these.
ReplyDeleteSome clubs George joined was the Shakespeare club, the martial arts club and baseball. I do agree that its keeping kids of the streets. I ts occupying there time with somethig useful rather than getting in trouble because they have to much time on there hands. Most of the time that causes them to get into trouble because there with the wrong crowd . An after school activity keeps you supervised, you learn new things, and have fun.
ReplyDeleteGeorge did a few activities to keep him out of trouble. One of them was a martial arts class. This could help him because instead of fighting on the streets you can actually come here to learn a skill in a productive matter. Another one was the Shakespere club.Like George i did do the drama club which allowed me to express myself.
ReplyDeleteGeorge joins many groups including Shakespeare and martial arts. i do beleive that extra curricular actives can help teens stay off the streets. For example, teen basketball players are likley to focus on basketball because because they beleive that they'll make it in the NBA. i beleive that extra curricular ativities give teens dreams to look forwad to.
ReplyDeleteGeorge joins many groups including Shakespeare and martial arts. i do beleive that extra curricular actives can help teens stay off the streets. For example, teen basketball players are likley to focus on basketball because because they beleive that they'll make it in the NBA. i beleive that extra curricular ativities give teens dreams to look forwad to.
ReplyDeleteGeorge joined many activities including the Shakespeare and martial arts. In high school he played baseball I think school activities would keep any body who wants to go far with they life with something they look doin im sure that people would be off the streets but some people like being on the streets but yes i agree because of me i play ball and it keep me off the streets and out of trouble
ReplyDeleteThe activities that George had attend to stay out of trouble were Martial Arts and the Shakespeare Club. I agree that Activities and Athletics can keep teenagers off of the streets. This is because teenagers would spend more time and focus on their Activities. No I do not belong to any group or Activities.
ReplyDeleteThe activities George was involved in were martial arts, Shakespeare Club, police athletic club and baseball. I agree that activities and athletics keep not just teenagers but everyone off the streets. I belong to the drama club in school and out of school I attend Venture Scouts with my sister.
ReplyDeleteTo stay out of trouble, George joined activities such as Martial Arts and the Shakespeare Club. I agree that activites keep alot of teenagers off the street, because if they are ocupied with something they enjoy and something they are putting all their effort and time in to, they are less likley to be out on the streets doing things that arent so good.
ReplyDeleteGeorge got involved with activities to stay out of trouble. In elementary school, George joined Shakespeare Club. In elementary school and junior high he joined the Police Athletic League. In high school, he played baseball. I think that school activities or after school sports can keep teenagers off of the streets. Their minds are distracted by the activities because they are most likely giving their all. No, I do not belong to any activities.
ReplyDeleteSome of the activities George was involved in were things like his school's baseball team, and the Shakespeare. I do think these type of programs are beneficial for inner city kids that live in neighborhoods with negative influences, because it keeps them away from the things that can get them into trouble. Programs like this also put kids around better influences that can keep them on the right track, and keeps them occupied so they have something that can look forward to doing that is progressive. I can relate to this because I play a lot of sports as extra curricular activities
ReplyDeleteHe played baseball for his highschool and also joined the Shakespeare club. I think these programs
ReplyDeleteare helpful for keeping teens out of trouble because they give them something to do so they stay out of trouble on the streets and stuff. Im not currently involved in any of these programs.
There were several clubs and activities that George joined to keep him from hanging out with the wrong people. One of the club was the Shakespeare Club that he joined in elementary school. Another club that he joined was the Police Athletic League in both elementary and junior high. A third activity he did was play basketball in highschool. Yes, I do believe that joining clubs and doing activities keeps kids off the streets and away from bad people because it keeps them busy and focused onto that one thing like basketball or chess. Clubs that I've joined at Prep Charter that keeps me away from the streets are ping pong, dance class, and rarely, chess.
ReplyDeleteGeorge engaged in many activities. He joined the Police athletic and the Shakespeare club. I am apart of a Student Council and sometimes i have to stay after school and i strongly believe that clubs like that help me stay out of trouble. Participating in different clubs definitely helps, so i agree.
ReplyDeleteSome of the activities that George were involved in were, the shakesspear club and martial arts and they really kept and out of trouble and his mind busy.Im not really in anything but Im doing softball which is keeping me occupied, because instead I could be out there doing things im not suppose yo be doing.And I agree.
ReplyDeleteThe school activities that George joined in was the Shakespeare Club in elementary and the Police Athletic Leage in junior high, and baseball in high school. These activities kept George focused in his mind and time. They made them something more fun to do rather than hanging out in the streets. They were also safe for them, and that they can meet the right kind of people to hang around with. I do agree these activities will keep them busy and away from those negative things that happen in the streets. And Yes, I do belong in these kind of activities. I used to join ping pong, football, and chess.
ReplyDeleteThe school activities that George joined in was the Shakespeare Club in elementary and the Police Athletic League in junior high, and baseball in high school. These activities kept George focused in his mind and time. They made them something more fun to do rather than hanging out in the streets. They were also safe for them, and that they can meet the right kind of people to hang around with. I do agree these activities will keep them busy and away from those negative things that happen in the streets. And Yes, I do belong in these kind of activities. I used to join ping pong, football, and chess.
ReplyDeleteIm not dumb..The kind of programs that George were into were,Martial Arts and the Shakespeare club.They kept him out of trouble and also his mind busy.He didnt really get into chaos and actually influenced the people he hung around to do the same.Me and my friends try to encourage each other to do the same.
ReplyDeleteGeorge was involved with many programs like the Shakespeare club and the police athletic league in elementary school and junior high.In high school he also played baseball.Yes activities and athletics can keep kids off the streets because your focused on those activities and not anything else.I am involved with a baseball and a hockey league outside of school.
ReplyDeleteGeorge was involved in multiple activities to keep him out of trouble such as baseball, the police athletic league, and the Shakespeare club. I definitely believe that groups like this can keep you out of a lot of trouble, because they give you an opportunity to do something positive with your free time. Yes, I am involved in a few groups. I'm active in my church and I'm a cheerleader.
ReplyDeleteGeorge was involved in the Shakespeare Club in elementary school. In future time he joined the Police Athletic League and Baseball in junior high. These activities would help most people if not all to stay out of troubles in the street. Activities can keep you from getting in trouble because at times you have a coach or teacher to help you so you don't regret ever joining that club. It would definitely help me out of trouble because there are many different kinds of activities you can join so it would keep you busy for a while and you might even enjoy it by getting yourself into it.
ReplyDeleteThe best thing for a child or basically any person that has spare time on their hands would be to keep themselves busy and find things to do. We all need to keep our minds working because if not then our minds will become bored, and as the old saying goes "idle hands are the devil's workshop." It is in one's nature to do things they feel curious about once they are bored, so i do believe in the theory that it is best to keep yourselves busy with activities and/or sports.
ReplyDeleteIn order to stay out of trouble, George said he had participated in the Shakespeare Club, Police Athletic League, and baseball throughout his school years. I personally agree that activities and athletics can keep teenagers off the streets because it keeps you busy and gives you an opportunity to do something positive in your spare time. Keeping yourself occupied in after school activities and meeting other students who shared the same interest is a whole lot better and beneficial than getting in trouble from the streets. I remember when I was younger, my teacher would often tell my class that “A busy mind is a step to success.” There are many activities in my school that I have joined such as table tennis, the chess club, and the music club in order to occupy my time.
ReplyDeleteGeorge was part of the Shakespheare Club, and the Police Athlectic League. I do agree that it keeps teenagers off the street because instead of wondering around somewhere they are in a group doing something creative. I also do belong in group like these.
ReplyDeleteGeorge was part of the Shakespeare club during elementary school and he played baseball during high school these activity kept George mind busy and out of trouble. I do agree that these activity help teens do something useful instead of walking around their safe and they get to meet other teens like themselves i tried my best to go to these activity especially ping pong but my picking up my lil sis from her school interfere with it.
ReplyDeleteGeorge participated in several clubs and activities such as Shakespeare club, police athletic league, and martial arts through his school years. Yes, I do believe that joining clubs and activities keeps kids off the streets and away from trouble because it keeps them busy and focused on the things that their involved in. I play basketball. Basketball keeps me off the street and focused in school.
ReplyDeleteAs George had said, “...I also see that involvement in school and communities activities helped us to avoid the negative pull of our peers.” Some of those activities that helped George were The Shakespeare Club and the Police Athletic League in elementary and junior high school, and baseball in high school. Yes, I do agree that such activities are able to keep adolescences away from trouble. As opposed to George, I currently do not belong to any group such as those. There are presently no clubs that actually spark any interests or catches my attention.
ReplyDeleteThe clubs that George has entered himself into over his tough school years are great exsamples set to teenagers an young adults. The clubs that George is involved in what he and his fellow classmates called "The Shakespeare club" he alsohad martial arts, the police athletic league and base ball. These are great ways to stay out of harms way. What set me strait and keeps me motivatid is being blessed with the ability of being a student athleate and this is why I stay as focused as possible.
ReplyDeleteGeorge is involved in many school activities. For example, he has joined the baseball team. I agree that by getting involved in school activities can help kids stay out of trouble. It keeps them off the streets. Some of the groups probably help them stay focus on school work.
ReplyDeletethe school prgrams that George gets involoed in that he says keeps him out of troble are the "the shakesspeare club" he also did the police leuge and martial arts.he felt that these programs would keep him focused as much as possible to his studies and acheivements.also he thought it was a safe way to have fun and not get into trouble.as appose the Geoprge i do belong to an group that keeps me focused on my grades and shool work.
ReplyDeleteGeorge is involved in multiple activites and clubs in school,elementary and high school. The activites that he is involved in are martial arts,the Shaespeare club, the police athletice league and baseball. I agree that most of the times activites and clubs keep teenagers out of trouble and off the streets.I have been on the cheerleading squad for two years and i was in the fashion show last year.
ReplyDeleteThe most talked about activity that kept the boys out of trouble is when they were doing martial arts in the cemetary. They also were involved in the Shakesphere club and a couple of other activities. Groups like these, I belive do help keep teenagers off the streets. Sometimes its just nothing else to do. Right now I am involved with cheerleading and I am going to try out for cheerleading too.
ReplyDeleteGeorge joined the Martial Arts, Shakespear Club, police athletic league and baseball .He believed that theses activities would keep him out of trouble. It was also fun and would keep him occupied. Having things to do does keep teenagers off the streets. Espescially if you like what you are doing. It keeps you motivated and away from things that are not good for you to do. More teenagers need to join clubs. Its also a good way of interacting with diffferent groups of people.
ReplyDeleteUumm, some things that helped keep George out of trouble were his interest in martial arts, shakespear thingy and baseball, which was his first choice for a career. I do agree that activities and/or athletic programs can help keep teenagers out of trouble because being occupied with these activities leaves no time for violence and those sorts iof things.
ReplyDeleteYes I do believe tht sports and extracurricular activities keeps children off the streets and focused on good things. It keeps their time occupied and gives them good energy to feed off of. Also, it introduces them to teenagers who are like themselves and have the same morals in life which keeps them from turning to the "foolish kids" who have nothing better to do than start or cause chaos. I myself have belonged to a couple of extra curricular activities before and though I wasn't a child who needed to be taught to stay on the right path it still helped me.
ReplyDeleteGeorge was involve in many clubs and activities that keep him away from the streets. One of the club that he join in elementary school was the Shakespeare Club. Another club that he joined was the Police Athletic League. He also joined baseball all his school years. Joining in school activies or club will keep teenager of the streets. For now I'm involved with the baseball team which I love.
ReplyDeleteGeorge participated in a Shakespeare Club, Police Athletic League, and baseball. These activities kept him out of trouble, was fun, and a way that occupied his mind. Living in a bad neighborhood, the activities also provided the safe environment where he could meet others with the same interests. I agree that activities and athletics keeps teenagers off the street. Teens are able to improve their self-esteem and make new friends who avoids the negativity that surrounds them. I am currently not in any group or club.
ReplyDeleteBy joining various amounts of different groups such as the Shakespeare Club, baseball team, and many other different activities that he did together with Rameck and Sam, George has avoided many troubles that he could've gotten into if his friends weren't there to support him. Joining clubs like these really can help many teenagers stay out of trouble because when your mind is too occupied on doing something specific, you'll forget all about doing other things that could've gotten you in serious trouble. I, myself, am in a sports club; table tennis to be exact, and by staying after school for tutoring and then going to play table tennis, I have used up time to do things that I feel are important to me, and not things that I could've regretted doing.
ReplyDeleteMany school activities that kept George out of trouble were the Shakespeare Club, Police Athletic League, and the baseball team. Yes I think activities and clubs will keep a teenager out of trouble, you experience the world and meet good people, you have fun and it makes you think of good. When I was in a club, I learn and met good people and made me want to keep doing good.
ReplyDeleteA couple of activities or clubs that George had joined, was the Shakespeare Club and Police Athletic League. He participated in these clubs during is elementary and junior high school years. Yes, I do agree that after school activities and athletics can keep teenargers away from the streets. By participating in these clubs, a teenager can keep his/her mind occupied, and allowed themselves to meet new people with an common interest. I am in an after school program and athletics. I play table tennis, soccer, ultimate frisbee, and I am currently participating in Dance Club.
ReplyDeleteThere were a couple of activities or sports George was involved in between his elementary skool years and his high school years. He joined the Shakespeare Club, the Police Athletic League, the baseball team, and martial arts. Yes, I do agree that after school activities can keep tennagers away from the streets and trouble. Interacting in activities can keep you ocuppied and a chace to meet new people. The sport that I play is football and that basically keeps me occupied.
ReplyDeleteGeorge takes karate lessons, he joins the high school Shakespare club, baseball, even the police athletic league. I do agree that these activties can help keep teens from off the streets. No, I do not belong to none of these groups. But I do spend time with my family and friends.
ReplyDeleteThe activities George speaks about beng involved in, were the Shakespeare Club, the Police Athletic League, the baseball team, and martial arts, which he has been apart of from elementary school through junior high. I do agree that joining any type of activity will keep teenagers from trouble and being in bad situations. I am not apart of any activities.
ReplyDeleteGeorge joined many groups to keep himself out of trouble.He joined martial arts, basketball,and the shakespeare club.I do think that joining groups and stuff keep you off the street andout of trouble because your mind is focused on that aactivity and not negative things.
ReplyDeleteSome of the school activities that george participated in are the Shakespeare club, when he was in elementary school, the Police Athletic League, during elementary school and junior high and playing on a baseball team at Universitty High. Yes, I do believe that if students are more involved with community or afterschool activities because if they were they would be busy enough not to worry about whats going on in the streets. I belong to a soccer club outside of school and it does keep me busy most of the time. Lastly, Im also,on the running club at Prep Charter, and when its time for training it does take alot of time, dedication, and hard work.
ReplyDeleteGeorge Participate on many activities. Such as the Shakespare Club , when george attended Elementary School he was in PAL ( Police Athletic League). I believe if students are involved in more afterschool or activities dealing with there community. It is a great way to set a positive role model and keep out of trouble. It's also another way to stay out of the streets. I believe if more students are more active they can stay out of trouble and be positive and have a positive.
ReplyDeleteGeorge participated in many activites as a teenager. One of the things that he was involed in was martial arts. I agree with the things that he had participated in because if he were not involved in these things, he would have wound up with the wrong crowd and would have been in even more trouble. I am a cheerleader.
ReplyDeleteGeorge was involved in several activities as he was growing up. One of the activities was a martial arts class. I Dont agree being in a martial arts class would keep people out of trouble because maybe someone in the class would want to try a deadly move on someone outside of the class. I do think other activities can keep teenagers out of trouble.
ReplyDeleteIn the boook, on of the main activities he does is martial arts. He was also involved with seven other activites but martial arts was the main one. I think that martial arts did keep him out of trouble. Since fmost of his time was focused on it, it halped him stay out of trouble. Activites do help kids stay out of trouble so that's whyy i agree. I'm in the drama club, but i don't think i would be doing anything bad iuf i wasn't.
ReplyDelete