Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Response Question- SECTION 4- pages 141-194

When Rameck gets arrested for having the fishing knife, his dream almost ended. How did Rameck rebound from this event? How would an unfortunate (and unfair) event like this affect you? Would you have given up?

31 comments:

  1. Rameck rebounbed from this event because he knew he didn't do anything wrong and he came too far to give up. It would affect me because I would see how races and ignornat people can be in this world. No, I would not have given up. I would have fought until I won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alana levonchuck 10DJanuary 5, 2010 at 7:33 PM

    Rameck knows this is unfair but he also knows that he did not do aything wrong. Rameck jus happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He rebounded from this event and keep working hard to beome a docter. i would have done the same thing if i was himbecause if i want somthing i wont let anyone or anything get in the way of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead of giving up when the wrongly accused him, he just kept on moving forward. This would have affcted me in a bad way. I guess only because i was being accused of something i didn't do just becuase of my race and the ignorance of some people. I would not have given up. That woould only give them satifaction to see they put me down and i stayed down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Rameck had gotten arrested, he was angry, because he was accused of something that he didn’t do. He knew he wasn’t going to do anything wrong with the knife. He rebounded from the event by still working hard to achieve his goal. He didn’t let that one negative event affect him. He kept on going and getting closer and closer to his dream of becoming a doctor. An event like this would get me caught up. Running back and fourth to court for something I didn’t do. I wouldn’t have given up. I would have kept striving and pushing on to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. khadijah dunmeyer 10CJanuary 7, 2010 at 6:51 AM

    When Rameck had gotten arrested and accused of haveing the possession of a dangerous weapon, he thought that his dream of becoming a doctor was over. With those type of charges on his record, it was going to be much harded for him to fulfill his dream. If I were caught in a situation like this, I would not have given up. He had put in a lot of hard work and a lot of years of strong dedication to pursue his dream, as well as money. but in the end, he still managed over come the situation and continue to make his dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rameck had a weapon and he feared that his dream would be over but he knew he didn't do anything wrong. He came to far after all he has been through he wasn't going to give up. No i would not have given up because I set my goals in life and I promised my friends and family that i would be successful in life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rameck was afraid that his dreams of becoming a doctor would end because of a fishing knife that he have forgotten about from the inside of his car. While Rameck was driving across a place where police officers were laughing, three police officers followed him by car just because of the color of his skin. Making assumptions on a person just because of the color of his/her skin is racist, negative, and impolite. The cops pulled Rameck over and tried to find something that they can arrest him for. Rameck was charged for having a possession of a deadly weapon. Rameck filed a complaint and worried that all of his hard work would be for nothing. As soon as the case was thrown out by the judge, he was relieved and thankful to God. If I was in the same situation as Rameck, I would do the same as Rameck did to handle the situation and never step down trying to become a doctor. I promised my family to fulfil my dream to become successful in the medical department. "It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness." -- Seneca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remeck felt that he wasn't in the wrong because he didn't do anything, because it;s not like he purposely put the knife in the trunk. He forget to take the knife out of the car. The police officer was being too much. I don't think that it would affect me too much because i would just learn from my mistake, which take thing out the car that is not suppose to be there. No, I wouldn't have given up because i don't like to give up I just keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dominique camacho 10bJanuary 13, 2010 at 2:43 PM

    When Rameck was arrested for the fishing knife, he was scared that his dreams of becoming a doctor would soon come to an end. But he did not give up or lose hope of it. When the case was droped, he knew what he had to do next which would be to become what he was born to be, a doctor. If I was in Rameck's shoes I think I would of tried to stick it out and do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When the police officers arrested Rameck they went over the line just because he had a knife in his car isnt illegal plus the cops did this cause of his race but he feared his dream would be destroyed but he fought the charges and the judge threw out the case in the end Rameck kept moving forward toward making his dream reality. No i wouldnt have given up I made some mistakes in life but that doesnt keep me down it just makes me move forward faster and stronger toward a better life

    ReplyDelete
  11. When a police I believed it was racist just because the cops could have found a man with a different color skin with searched Rameck a knife but they searched his race instead. Rameck rebounded from that night when they went to court and police who accused him lost the evidence. After losing the evidence the cop asked the judge to reschedule but the judge didn't let him because they have rescheduled to many time and he was getting mad. So after that the case was dismissed and Rameck felt so relieved. This event would have made me mad because they are accusing you by the color of your skin. I would have moved on as well if the case was dismissed because life will be rough on me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think he rebounded back from that incident because he believed in his heart he was innocent and he did not do anything wrong. The police arrested him because of his race and ethnicity not for having a knife. If it were a different person of a different race who had the knife i guarantee the cops would not have arrested that person. I know this because i have been treated the same way due to my race in the past. I would only feel guilty If I knew I did something. I would not give up on my goals even if i am accused of doing something wrong. Rameck felt his goal of becoming a doctor would end because him getting arrested by the police may go on his personal record and the record is seen by job that hire you in the future and if they see that youy were arrested in the past they may not hire as an employee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rameck rebounbed from that because he knew he didn't do anything wrong and he came too far to give up. It would affect me because I can see how races and ignornat people can be and how they would treat you.No I wouldnt have given up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I read this I felt furious that an injustice could happen just like that. The cops followed them because of their race and that is one of the things that infuriate me! I have learned since I was small that "you should never judge a book by it's color," and that is one of the things that the cops just did. The cops thought that just because of their race they were into some type of trouble. If this would have happened to me I think I would be very angry and so I would have taken a few moments to quell my anger and then confront the cop about the injustice they have done. I would then make sure that cop and his freinds would learn not to judge another person again by their race.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jahmarley T. SamuelsJanuary 13, 2010 at 7:41 PM

    We can all agree that Rameck will never give because being a Doctor is his dreams and normal dreams are what most people fight to achieve. I believe that the cops stopped him because he seemed suspicious through their eyes. In the end Rameck will be fine, since he didn't do anything wrong. If something like this was to happen to me I would have gave up on my goals because I'm a adamant person.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When Rameck got arrested he thought he couldnt do nothing else after that, he was afraid that his chance of being a doctor might end. I think he rebounded from it because maybe he saw that he hada another chance to be a doctor and do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rameck was accused of doing something that he didn't do so he was arrested by it.He knew that he wasn't going to do nothing with the knife.He returns from the experiance by still working hard and to achieve.He didn't let aneything affect him from foiling his dreams of becoming a doctor.This would a affect me a lot because i would have to run back and forth to court rooms and that's not a good thing because that would stay in your records.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rameck rebounded from this because he knows he didnt do anything wrong and had come way to far to just give up. I know i would never get in to this kind of predicament because i dont hangout with people like them and i wouldnt ever hurt somebody like that especially with a knfe or a gun or anything like that. But, if i had done something like that in my life it would affect me alot because i would have known it was the wqrong thing to do and have also have come to far in my life to do somthing so stupid like that. I would learn from my mistake and would change my backround of who i was hanging out with that got me to that point were i did something dangerous like that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rameck was on the edge of giving up, but he held in there until the end. He prayed that God could help him with this situation in some way and he did. Every case was postponed for different reasons and the last one was because the cops had lost the knife and the case couldn't continue. If I were in Rameck's shoes i would have given up. I would of never thought some type of miracle like that would ever occur to help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. When Rameck knew that his dream was almost ended he thinks to himself all night not to give up his goal. He rebounds from the event by filing a complaint to the officers that charged him and hopefully decrease the charge and hopefully even better move it out of his record. Then, when the trial starts Rameck hoped God would save him. The prosecutor whom approached to the judge saying that '' There were no evidence '', saved Rameck. Later on the judge refused to continue the trial and the case was closed. If I were Rameck I would do the same thing. Because I think he and all his obstacles that he went through his life don't want it to become to a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rameck was caught and arrested for having a fishing knife in his car. So Rameck thought all of this would be bad and end his whole chance of his goal. After all that he'd been through. So he hoped god would back him up on this and amazingly, the judge let the trial go and he was free, out of the record. If i was in a situation like this i would be mad, very mad. Like, it's a fishing knife and the cops just arresting for racial apperance. It was just a waste of time, but afterall, he didn't give up on his dream. Rameck continued in the help of his friends, all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The day Rameck got arrested for the posection of the fishing nife it was a unfortunet encident. Those officer's had approched the situation wrong and very unporfessional. They treated him with disrespect and Rameck handled it the right way. He held his composure while being interagated by the cop's. In when his lawyer refused to show up instead of losing hope of all his dream's in aspiration's he found himself a new lawyer and got his charges dropped. Nothing like this ever happened to me before but I wouldv'e handled it the same way as Rameck.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rameck was wrongfully accused when the officers approached him, and found him with the possession of a fishing knife. They handled the situation unprofessionally, as Zenobia said. Since Rameck was arrested, he thought all hope for him was gone and he just gave up on everything. If I was in that type of situation, I would not give up, because I would know that I did nothing wrong. I would fight the case and make justice for myself, because why would i want anything on my record when no harm was done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. When Rameck had gotten arrested for having the fishing knife, it seemed as if his dream of becoming a doctor had ended. He didn't give up, even though it seemed as if all he had worked for came to an end. If I were wrongly accused of something, I would fight until the end. Make sure that even if the accusers think I am wrong, they will never forget the words I had said.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rameck rebound from this event because he was afraid that his dreams of becoming a doctor would end just like that. Rameck was driving by the rules, but the officers judge him by the color of his skin and decided to find some evidence to arrest him. Rameck was charged for possessing a deadly weapon that he had forgotten was in his car. He thought all of his hard work was for nothing, so he turned to God before the last trial began. In the end, the evidence (Rameck’s knife) was missing, so the judge just threw out the case and Rameck was saved. I would've tried to fight back because if I am innocent they have no reason to charge me for anything I did not do. They need clear evidence if I did actually harmed someone.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rameck dream was almost crushed because of that accident, and he was afraid of messing up his dreams to become a doctor. He didn't want anything to mess up his dreams in life, but even though that accident occured he did not let that interfere with his dreams and he kept on moving forward in life. something like this would not affect me because I would keep moving forward in life to succeed my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Rameck let his dream almost slip by him, but he was still determine to become a doctor. he kept working hard and move on to the next day. This would not affect me a lot because i been through situtions that was hard to bounce from, but I kept moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  28. marquanmiddleton 10dJanuary 15, 2010 at 4:50 AM

    when rameck was wrongly accused he just kept his head up and pushed forward. this would have affected me greatly i would have been mad and upset because i was unfairly accused. i would have did my best though to try to keep a cool head and get back on track and not let that matter take over

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think Rameck rebound very well from this event Because right after that he begin to change his life around completely. For example, Rameck finish High School and also didn't get arrested again he also further his education by going to the program that Him Sam and George joined Seton Hall to become doctors. If an event this happen to me i think i would try my best to not let it stop me from accomplisshing great thing in my life so no i would not give up.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Rameck had felt lucky that the case was dropped. His Career of being a Doctor almost ended because of a simple knife in his car. This was unfair because he meant no harm and the Police were Racist towards him because of his skin color. Rameck didn’t give up and wasn’t going to let something like that end his Career. I would be Affected by this because I want to make something out of my life. I would do the same as Rameck did and never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rameck had gotten arrested for having a fishing knife in his car. He wasn't using the knife he had just forgotten to remove the knife from his car.Rameck had thought that his dreams of becoming a doctor were over because he was charged with a felony.He didn't give up though. He prayed to God, and the case had kept being postponed for different reasons until the judge finally closed the case. If I was in this type of predicament I wouldn't really let it affect me, I would just keep living my dream.

    ReplyDelete