Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Response Question- SECTION 4- pages 141-194

The boys enjoyed their job working as toll collectors on the New Jersey turnpike. What did they like and dislike about this job? Do you have a job? Do you enjoy it? Why or why not?

52 comments:

  1. The things they liked about their jobs as toll collectors were the funny things they saw at their windows as the cars rode by. They also saw celebrity athletes and coaches. The things they dislike was the fact the couldn't cover their expenses for their books. I'm inferring that the job didn't pay very much. I don't have a job right now but, I would like to have a job that I would enjoy, but I'm going to end up liking it because I'm being paid for my services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuff that they liked about their jobs were that they saw celebrities and they made a fair amount of money and they are able to spend more time together. The stuff that they disliked were that they still had to study, and even though they made a fair amount of money they still didn't have enough money for school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bpys had many dislikes and likes about their job as toll collectors. They liked the fact that they can see many funny things through the window and they liked to watch the cars as they go pass. But they disliked the fact that they had to study and that they really didnt have a lot of money to spend for school things and at the school. They also had more time to hang out with one another. But as for me , the job that I have now is that I do hair. I love this job a lot because I can make people hair look pretty and I can style it. But the one thing tthat I dislike is how much time certain hairstyles take to get done. For example, like individuals or micros.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things the boys liked about the toll job was that they seen funny things through the window, they saw famous people and they got to spend more time togethere. The boys didnt like the fact they where paid little and didnt have much money for school.Also it was hard for them to keep up with there studying. I did have a job and i enjoy it. I enjoyed it because i got to make my own money and i did something i enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  5. There were many things they liked about their job as toll collectors. One thing that liked was that they was able to work together, excluding Sam. George and Rameck often stopped by Dunkin Donuts and use the left over munchkins they've bought in the morning to throw at each other when they are bored. They also liked the fact that they was able to see celebrities and many funny things that goes on in the cars that go past them when they're on duty as toll collectors. I do not have a job as of now, but once I turn 16, I will be looking for a job with some close friends of mines so that it will be an enjoyable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were many thing that Sam, Rameck and George like about their job as toll collectors. They saw celebrities, athletes and some other people. they like working their because they were together. They also had some funny encounters. Even though the job was nice to them it didn't cover all of their expenses. Currently I don't have a job. But i did last summer. I was a camp counselor. I didn't like it that much because the kids were very annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant,Even though the job was nice, it didn't cover all of their expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The boys liked there jobs and really didn't. They liked it because they would spend a lot of time together. They would also sometimes see celebrities and athletes. The things they didn't like is that it didn't even pay much for there school and supplies. I think that the job didn't pay them enough money to do what they are doing in college. I don't have a job. I really want one by 16.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of the things that the boys liked about working as toll collectors were that they got to work together not including Sam. George and Rameck would stop at Dunkin Dounuts in the morning to buy munchkins and coffee. The only dislike they had was that they didn't make that much money. I did have a job, and i really enjoyed. I enjoyed mainly because I was making my on money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rameck and George has a job as toll collectors for their expenses. Sam was not included in the job but the other two had fun as toll collectors because they get to meet celebrities and athletes. Other times they would go to Dunkin Dounuts and buy munchkin doughnuts and coffee as well. Sometimes they throw doughnuts at each other when they are bored. The boys also have something they hate about the job which is that they didn't make enough each week for school. I currently don't have a job. I wish I could so I can have money to buy the things I want without waiting to get them or asking parents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A few things that Sam, Rameck, and George liked about their jobs was that they would sometimes see celebrities, and Athletes. They also seen many funny things in their windows as the cars rode by. What they didn't like about their job was that it didn't really pay much. They weren't getting much money to pay for their expenses. I do not have a job at the present moment, but I did have a job that I enjoyed very much,because I was had money in my pocket and it was my own.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Caroleena Albaroki 10EJanuary 13, 2010 at 5:16 PM

    The most thing that they liked in working as toll collectors were the fact that they worked together. They had fun working together. On the othe hand, this job was not paying them enough money. They needed money and supplies. I never had a job, no.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caroleena Albaroki 10EJanuary 13, 2010 at 5:20 PM

    The boys also saw celebrites and athletes on their job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The things they liked about their job was that they seen some weird things, and they got to see athletes and celebrities. The thing they hated about it was that they were not making enough money. I do not currently have a job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As toll collectors, the young men experienced what they considered to be pros and cons. The pros being the enjoyment of the time shared amongest them. Futhermore, the oppertunity to see celebraties and other important figures, might have been a pro as well. In addition, what the young men considered to be cons were essential things, such as studing,and the money they recieved in which it was not enough to fit the requirments of their educations. Now as for me, I have a job at the Philadelphia Art Museum, and I babysit children under the age of three and I enjoy both jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The things that they liked about their jobs were that they often saw celebrities and they loved the fact that they worked together. However, they didn't like that they didn't make much money. Right now, i don't have a job, but I've worked before and at my previous jobs, i loved working because I always met such nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The boys enjoyed their job working as toll collectors on the New Jersey turnpike because they would often see celebrities, athletes, coaches, as well as, funny moments while watching the cars pass by. In addition to that, the boys worked close to each other, so they had more time to hang out with one another (with the exception of Sam who worked farther away from George and Rameck). Plus, George and Rameck would often stop by Dunkin Donuts in the mornings, and if they had leftovers, they would play with it. However, there were also disadvantages to having the job as a toll collector such as having a low pay which would mean that they didn’t have enough money for school supplies and such; plus, since they are busy working, they have even less time for their schoolwork. I currently do not have a job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Boys liked their job as a toll collector because they spent time together doing it. They also liked the job because of the funny things that they would seen when people pass by and the coaches and athletes on their way to the games. They didn't like the job because it still wasn't paying for there school books and supplies. I don't have a job but I used to and I liked it because i got my own money to do what I wanted with it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Keith J. aka jynx #00January 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM

    For the most part the boys liked the experience of being toll collectors on New Jerseys turnpike. The events that made the job somewhat worth while, was that they work near each other and this was like a time to chill with oneanother. Also they watched cars pass by and they would see well known coaches and athletes on a daily bases. On the other hand the disliked part about their jobs was that it didn't pay off what they needed for school like supplies and other nececities and work took away from their school studies and school work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jahmarley T. SamuelsJanuary 13, 2010 at 6:50 PM

    First of the reasons why they liked about their jobs as toll collectors was that they saw some hilarious things in the cars that drove through. They also seen famous people drive through and most of all they both got to work near each other,thus making their jobs comfortable. However with the pros of their jobs there has to cons. The only problem they had was their jobs weren't making enough money for their school supplies and they also had to make time to study.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There were many things that the guys liked about their jobs such as the bonding time they had together and amusing things that the have seen occur. However, there was also a few things they disliked about this job like their pay which wasn't enough for their needs. I currently have a job at a family grocery store. I have been working behind the register and have also had different jobs since I was twelve years old. I enjoy this job because I get to mess around with two things I like: Numbers and Cash. This is also a good oppurtunity for me to learn how to handle cash, and I enjoy meeting new people. I also get to see alot of amusing things sometimes. However, just like the guys, my job has it con's such as the long hours, stress, rude customers and etc... But I have learned that everything has it's pro's and con's and we just have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The things the boys like working at the toll collectors is they got to see coaches, athletes, and celebrities. They also like the funny stickers on the car windows. Their dislikes were that the job didn't cover for their book expenses. I have a summer job as a camp counselor and I like it a lot because it’s easy and I get to work with my friends and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What the youngmen liked about their jobs where that they saw a lot of amusing things through the car windows that were passing through the tolls. They also say various celebrities and athletes every now and them. Although the job was amusing, it didn't serve its initially purpose which was to pay for their books needed for their classes. Even with the toll booth jobs, the boys still struggled with cash for school and necessity. I have had a job before and its a great feeling when you can buy your own things without having to ask a parent or gaurdian. I felt very independent. The money wa mines because I earned and worked for it. It truely is a great feeling. Although I would have felt similarly to the boys if I worked and STILL wasn't able to by my necessities or wants.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The boys liked their job because it allowed them to spend time together, and they liked some of the crazy things they saw people doing in their cars. However, they disliked the job because it didn't pay enough. I had a job in the summer and at first I hated it because it was a lot of work, but in the end, it was worth it because I got to meet some incredible people.

    ReplyDelete
  25. They liked working near eachother, enjoyed seeing the weird things that went on at night and occasionally seeing celebrity athletes and coaches. They didn't like the pay because it wasn't enough to pay for books and to buy food. I don't have a job now but when I did I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rameck, George, and Sam liked their jobs because they were able to work closely to one another. In addition to that, they saw many hilarious scenes during their jobs. They liked it mostly because they would often see celebrity coaches, athletes, and celebrities. The thing that they disliked about this job was that it was not enough to pay for their book expenses for college. As of now, I do not have a job. Having a job would most-likely cut too much into my time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the boys did like the job. For example the got to see famous people that they liked. They had a chance to laugh and talk with one another, so basically they had a good time. The thing that they disliked about is i think they didnt like it because they didnt have enough for their books for school. Other than that i believe they had a good time together

    ReplyDelete
  28. The guys really did like the job because they talked to each other and were able to mess around here and there throwing munchkins at each other and listening to music when they get bored. What they didn't like was the fact that the job wasn't enough pay to buy books and supplies. No I do not have a job and it would definably make my day shorter than necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The things that the boys liked about their job was the things that they saw out the window. The also saw celebrities and they enjoyed working together. They didnt like the job because it didnt pay enough for them to be able to get their books for school. It also made a crack in their studying schedule. I had a job in the summer and i loved it. It kept me occupied and put money in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The boy like their jobs as a toll collector at new jersey turnpike but they had some likes and dislikes about it.The likes were that they were amazed to see celebrities and they loved working together.The dislikes they had about the job was that they didnt get pay that much to buy supplies for school and they also didnt have time for homework.i dont have a job.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Some likes or pro of the boys job was the celebrities and star athelits they saw on occasions and the halarious things they saw on a daily bases. Some dislikes or cons were that the job payed little and it wouldn't cover the cost of their book for school. Unfortunatly i do not have a job at the moment but im working on that, but if I had one I would most likely enjoy if.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The things that George and Ramek liked about their jobs were that they could spend time together and they saw funny things from in the toll booth. they didn't like that they had to keep up with their studying and the mony they were getting paid wasn't enough to pay for their books. I don't have a job yet but when i do get one I am sure i will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What the boys likes about their jobs at the tolls were seeing famous people. For example, athletes, celebreties, coaches, etc. They also liked seeing funny things that happened with the passing cars. What the boys didnt like was not being able to pay their book bills. It stressed them out. I do have a job. I work at my neighborhood tanning salon, Express-O-Tan. I love it there. It's fun, I get paid good money, I get along with the customers and my boss, it's close to my house, so my job is very convenient for me. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The boys liked their job as a toll colectors because they get to see athletes, coaches, and celebrity. They also like the funny stickers on the car windows. They get to spend time with each other. The things they dislike about it is that it didn't cover their book expenses. I don't have a job because I'm just too busy with my activites after school and my studies at school.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sam, George, and Rameck do enjoy their job as toll collectors. The reason why they enjoy their job is because it allows them to hang out with each others, and they are given the oppurtunities to see famous actors/actresses, athletes and celebrities. However, the job does not cover their book expenses which the guys disliked. No, I do not have a job at the moment but I will apply for a job in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The boys enjoyed their job as toll collectors because it's near a sports stadium. They get to see famous celebrities, sport coaches, and athletes who went there. They also liked it there because they can play around by going to Dunkin Donuts and use the leftover to throw at each other, and hang out there. The things that they dislike was that they didn't have enough money to pay their book expenses and food to eat. And no, I do not have a job because it'll interfere with my school work.

    ReplyDelete
  37. The boys really liked their job working as toll collectors. They saw all kinds of weird stuff through the car windows. They noticed different celebrities. Even athletes and coaches on the way to their games which was so cool. They were glad they got to share stories and laugh together. The boys were not happy with the pay but it was better than no pay at all. I do not have a job right now, I don't want it to interfere with my school work, it's very important to me to get good grades.

    ReplyDelete
  38. The two friends like the toll job cause they got to spend time with eachother. on top of that, they would see celebrities and athletes that would come by. When it got bored, they would throw donuts at eachother. The reason why they didn't like the job was because their payment was not paying them much. Their books and supplies weren't getting covered from their jobs. For me, i don't have a job, yet. I really want to though, so i won't bother my mom for money anymore. :))

    ReplyDelete
  39. Working as a toll collector can be a challenging task. Yet, the boys found ways to overcome this, at first glance, boring job. For example, they would see many amusing characters and situations in approaching cars. Another positive about the job is that, on any given day, a celebrity would draw near to pay a toll, which was an exciting experience. On the other hand, this job did not cover all of the expenses necessary for school supplies. In addition, work cut out on time to study for exams/quizzes in school. I normally work during the summers. Yet, when I turn 16 later this year, I plan on getting a job during the school year in order to put a few extra dollars in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  40. The boys worked as toll collectors. They liked that were together.They were able to spend time with one another, to make their frienship grow. They also like that they saw celebrities athletes and coaches.Another thing they liked was that they would see funny actions while the cars rode by. Their dislikes were that they didn't have much time for studying and that their paychecks didn't cover the cost of books. Yes, I do have a job, I work at a daycare and I love it. It makes me feel independent and I don't have to rely on others.

    ReplyDelete
  41. The boys working at the tolls on the Jersey turnpike, had its pros and cons. The good things that came out of working there, was seeing funny things going on with the cars passing by. The disadvantages of working the tolls, is that the money earned didn't cover the cost of the books the boys needed. I do not have a job and that has it's pros and cons as well. The benefits of not working are being able to do things and not be as tired because i also go to school. The disadvantages of not having a job is not having extra money to have when i want to use it, instead of asking my parents all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The boys had likes and dislikes while working as a toll collector. One of their likes was that they saw many althetes, coaches, and celebrities. They would also throw munchkins at eachother during their shift. But their major dislike was that the money they was earning did not cover their expenses such as books, food, etc. I do not have a job currently, but I will have one by this summer. I like working and I could use the extra money for my needs. In addition, it teaches responsibility and discpline.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sam, George and Ramecks' job had its ups and downs just like any job. Their favorite thing about their job at the toll both was that now and then they would see someone famous or something funny that they could laugh about later. The biggest downer about the job was that it didn't pay enough to cover the book costs so well. I do not have a paying job even though my parents encourage it. I do like to do my job at the hopital on mondays but I don't get paid for it.

    ReplyDelete
  44. The boys had many likes and dislikes about their job as toll collectors. What they like about it is that they get to make money to pay for school supplies and necessities, they are able to spend more time together, and the “funny” things they see when they were working. Rameck and George work at the same exit, while Sam work at a different one. What they dislike about their job is that they did not get paid enough, so during the first trimester of school, they had to sell notes of each class. Still, it was not enough. Unfortunately, I do not have a job, but I’m considering it.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Rameck and George requested tollbooths next to one another. They were able to talk across lanes for the duration of their entire shift. They brought radios and CD players to work and exchanged discs. They also saw many strange things while working at the booths and found pleasure swapping their amusing anecdotes.

    ReplyDelete
  46. The boys enjoyed working at the toll is that they can spend more time with each other. They can see celeberties, and they make a fair amount of money. But they still had to study and didn't have enough money to pay for school.

    ReplyDelete
  47. The boys liked their job because they were together and they got to funny things happen as people drove by. They didn't like the fact that they didn't get paid alot of money. I don't have a job, but if I did I know that I would enjoy it and maybe I wouldn't like something about my job but I wouldn't just give up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. they liked that the job was able to have them so close together and play around when they wanted to. they didnt like that the money they made didnt cover much of the expenses for college. i dont have a job currently but if i had one i guess i would like it. but if i didnt i wouldnt give up on it

    ReplyDelete
  49. The boys appreciate their jobs because they were together the whole time and had fun as people drove by. But they did not appreciate the fact that they got paid alot of money. I dont have a job at the moment but if i did and if i didnt appreciate my job that much i wouldnt just give up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  50. They had enjoyed their jobs working as toll collectors. The things that they enjoyed about the job was because of all the great things they were able to do together. Another great thing about their job was the fact that they were able to meet famous people. Although there was a bad thing about being toll worker, and that was having to deal with low salary. As of right now I don’t have a job and I don’t feel like I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  51. They liked their job as toll collectors cause they had fun doing it. Another reason why they liked the job because they were together. They seen funny things while working and interesting people. They didnt like the fact that they wasnt getting paid a lot of money. No I dont have a job but I will enjoy my job because I would be happy that I have one.

    ReplyDelete
  52. The Boys liked their job as a toll collector because they spent time together doing it. They also liked the job because of the funny things that they would seen when people pass by and the coaches and athletes on their way to the games. They didn't like the job because it still wasn't paying for there school books and supplies. I don't have a job but I used to and I liked it because i got my own money to do what I wanted with it.

    ReplyDelete