Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Response Question- SECTION 5- pages 195-239

Describe the experience of “Match Day.” Do you think you would be excited, nervous, or both?

21 comments:

  1. Match Day is the day when medical students throughout the country learn simultaneously where they will spend the next years as a resident. I would be both because I would be excited at the fact that it's random and nervous because I don't want to be put somewhere where I don't want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Match Day" is when students do research to find hospitals with their speicalties and apply for the position, then rank their top choices in the database on the computer. After that the hospitals list their students and the computer sorts the matches. The medical students throughout the country learn simumtaneously where they will spent the next years as a resident. I would be nervous because I wouldn't want to go to a place where I'm not familiar with, but them again I would be excited because would be curios on where I would go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Match Day is where medical students search for their best-suited position in the hospital. They would also know which hospital they should work in. I would be excited to go search around the world to find the hospital that fit me because I want to travel a little before I start a job in the hospital. I would want this Match Day because you might have a possible chance of hating the hospital you work in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Match Day is when the students do research to find hospitals that they are best suited for, and they find out what hopsital they are going to work in. I would be both nervous and excited about Match Day. I would be nervous because I would be scared of what the outcome would be. For example if I get placed anywhere or nowhere at all. I would be excited because after the results of Match Day I would be one step closer to being finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Match day is when the students apply for positions that best fit the description of what they want to do in the work field. This has a lot to do with where they will be placed for their traning. If I were a medical student this would most definitely be a highlight of my life. It is very important because not only does it determine your location, but it also determines your occupation for the time being. I would be sure to be careful with what I input because I would hate to have a job that I dislike and dread going to everyday. Also makeing sure that the answers you choose will benefit you and the position that is chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Match day” was an annual event where medical students from across the control would be finding out where they would be spending the following years of their life at as residents. How it was set up was via a computer-generated matching program that matched medical students with hospitals they would be spending the following years as residents. Sam had applied to forty to fifty medical fields pertaining to emergency medicine. He distraught when he had found out he had no matches. He would later be accepted to the University of Maryland in the medical field of internal medicine, which he did not want to settle for. He almost lost hope and gave up and quit altogether, when he found that there was a hospital, Beth Israel Hospital that had few slots left for emergency medicine. He had come across this when he ran one final search online. He applied, was interviewed twice, and got the job. He was so content to the point that it was indescribable, expressed this when he said, “I can’t describe how comfortable I felt when I walked through those doors.” (Pg. 207 first paragraph) Personally, I would be nervous and anxious. I would be looking forward to see what matches I got.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Match day was the day when all applications to hospitals all around the world were open to see if they were accepted to any of them. This was their graduation to see if they were able to follow their dream or if they would lose it right there. I would be extremely nervous because of the pressure I would feel trying to open it and see if my dream came true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "match Day"is a special event for medical students to do research on different hospitals that have there positions and they have to apply to them.the ones they got accepted to were the ones they were most likely to work in to me match day seems both exciting and nerve racking at the same time because its like your future is decided in one day.i would feel very nervous because it would just be too much for me to handle all at once so having to do with my career.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Match day was the day when all the medical students get there applications back to see if they got the job that they wanted to apply for to train and once they do the training they can do that job. I would be both exciting and nervous. I would be excited just to see if i actually got the job that i wanted. I would also be nervous because i wouldn't want to get the wrong job that i wouldn't want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Match Day is when the medical students from all over the country.They fill out a few applications and send them to various hospitals they're interested in.The test detemines their location and the occupation they would have.I would be very nervouse because i would think with my luck i would end up somewhere i didnt want to be at all, with a position i didnt want either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Match Day is when the medical students arrive there from all over the world and and are assigned simultaneously where they will be spending for the next year.I would be bpth scared but excited because i would be able to meet new people but scared what they would think of me and wouldnt want to go anywhere i wouldnt want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The experience for "Match Day", you can have all kinds of feelings, you can be nervous, overwhelmed, joyous, hopeful, surprised or even anxious. If I had to go through "Match Day" I would feel both excited and nervous because you don't know if you got into your top choice or your last choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Match Day" is when medical students from all over the world come together and get their rotations and sites in the hospital to have as their career. Of course there would be mixed emotions in this situation, because it's a new job that you have to take on and you don't want to make any mistakes. I would feel these same emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Match Day" is a day where all medical students from all over the world come to one place and research what positions they feel comfortable and what they want to do in the hospital. I personally would be excited because i want to be involved in the medical field when i get older. I will also be a little nervous because i will be around people from all over the world and even worse i don't even kbnow them. It lets me explore and look around and see what position in the hospital i enjoy and what i can get used to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Match Day" is when the medical students from all over the world, come together and search for their up coming resident locations.They had to apply to hopsitals, but they occpation they picked were not gauranteed. I wouldn't be nervous, I would just be anxious. This would be the high point of my new medical career and I would be pleased with a job that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Match Day" is the day all the students in the medical fields join together to celebrate where they was excepted to. The join in a hall where on a stage there is a whole lot of champagne for when they open their envolpes at noon. I myself would be both nervous and excited because it is a very important event in my life where it decides my career. Sort of like a make it or break it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Macth Day is a program that uses a computerized database macth students through out the entire country with teaching hospitals. Basically, it decide's your future, but for Sam even though he didn't make the macth in emergency medicine, he didn't give up. I would be both nervous and excited about macth day. Mostly because a competative person and would be upset if I didn't get the position I wanted. On the other hand, I would be extremly happy about the oppurtunity I'm getting and keep my option's and keep looking like Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Match Day" is the day the students know what position in hospitals they will reside in as a resident. Before that day, the students will do research and find hospitals with their area of specialty and apply for that position. Then, the computer database will rank their top choices. After that, the hospitals will list their students matching the area. The medical students would then learn where they will spend the next years as a resident. I would say I would be both because I get to work at a new place and I might not like that place.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Resident Matching Program uses a computerized database to match students with their appropriate teaching hospital. Students must research to find hospitals with their specialties, submit an application for those positions, and rank them in the database. Match Day is an annual event during which medical students throughout the country find out where they will spend their next years as a resident.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Milena Greenfield 10BJanuary 22, 2010 at 4:45 AM

    To me, match day wasn’t a good idea. For the people who didn’t really know what they wanted to do, it was fine. But for the people who had their hearts set out on what they wanted to do, it wasn’t fair. I think that if you know what position you want to do, you should be able to apply for that. Instead of what they want you to do, you will be in control. If it was me I would be curious to what position they put me in. At the same time, I would want to choose my position base on what I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Match day was the day where the student would apply and research for the hospitals that best suits their abilities. I would be kind of nervous. i would be nervous, because I going to a new place with new people. I would yet be determined, because i would use my knowledge and resources to help guide me.

    ReplyDelete