Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1. Look for posts marked “Response Question” with the page numbers for that week. Pick a question that you want to answer.
2. Click on the word “comments” right below the question. This will take you to a new page.
3. Type your answer into the “leave your comment” box on the right. Guidelines for posting:
· Please use proper spelling and capitalization.
· Your answer must be at least 50 words long.
· Please read other people’s posts and think about what they are saying. You are welcome to agree/disagree with them in your own posts – but also make sure that your posts show original thought.
4. Sign your post. Below your comment, select the “name/url” choice under “choose your identity.” Then please type your first name and last initial in the “name” box. You must do this correctly or else I can’t give you credit for your work!
It probably was a good decision for them. Like thats the only neighborhood they have ever known and their families are there. If this was me I dont not think I would have moved back to my neighborhood. Its not that I think I'm going to get in trouble or hang with the wrong crowd I just don't want to live in Philly anymore.
ReplyDeleteI believe that their decision to move back to their old neighborhood in Newark was because they missed being around their family and wanted to make a difference in the childrens life's. That being I would do the samething to show people that I've kept my word on becoming a doctor and kept my pact with my friends. I would also had the chance to see all my family members I missed while I was gone.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion it was a good decision for them to move back to their neighborhood in Newark. Since they've been then for a while they probably missed it. It also good so they can show people how much they've changed in a positive way. I would go back to just see what’s going on now and to try and help inspire others to fulfill their dreams.
ReplyDeleteI think the guys are making a good decision on moving back home. That's where they were brought up and raise. I know they miss there family and friends. Even though its bad from where they came from i think they still gonna be able to make it
ReplyDeleteI think that their decision to move back to their neighborhoods was a good idea just as long as they stay out of trouble. Also they can be role models to the younger kids and show them that you can be successful if you try hard enough
ReplyDeleteI think that they are making a good decision on moving back home.And they can show how they changed .Allso i would go back to visit my family and friends.Another reason is to come back and try to lead kids from the neighborhood in the right direction.
ReplyDeleteI think that their decision to move back to their neighborhood was a good idea, just as long as they stayed out of trouble. Also i would go baack to pay my family a visit and my friends.Another reason i would go back to help the kids that were in the same perdictment I was in when I was a child.
ReplyDeleteI think their decision to move back to the hometown, Newark, was a good idea. Because they will become role model to the young men and boys who are caught up in the streets, they will motivate them. I would and go back to my neighborhood because I will give all the help I can, and become a role model to those who want to achieve what I have done.
ReplyDeleteAS toll collectors, the young men experienced what they considered to be pros and cons. The pros being the enjoyment of the time shared amongest them. Futhermore, the oppertunity to see celebraties and other important figures, might have been a pro as well. In addition, what the young men considered to be cons were essential things, such as studing,and the money they recieved in which it was not enough to fit the requirments of their educations. Now as for me, I have a job at the Philadelphia Art Museum, and I babysit children under the age of three and I enjoy both jobs.
ReplyDeleteI think their decision to move back to their old neighborhood was a good one. Newark is a place where they probably feel the most comfortable at because thats their home and the only real city they knew. Plus they can also be direct influences on the children's lives that live there.
ReplyDeleteI think they're making a good decision by moving back. I think it's a good decision because they probably missed it. Newark is probably where they had all their good times at and they probably feel comfortable there and more safe. Yes I woul do the same if i felt that the place was where i wanted to share my time at.
ReplyDeleteI think moving back to where they grew up was good, because they always talked about giving back and this was their chance. They could be close to their families and help to make the nighborhood better. They were even able to help some of their old friends during their rotations at the hostipals they workd at.
ReplyDeleteI think that moving back to their old neighborhood would be a good thing because they said that they wanted to give back to the ones that helped them out the most. I also think it could be a bad thing because their is a lot of trouble from where they came from and they might not want to get caught up with that anymore. But if it was my choice, then I would decide to visit my old neighborhood not live there because it could be a bad thing too. But they could also be with their families and help them out too.
ReplyDeleteI think it was a great idea for them to move back into their old neighborhood. They always wanted to make a difference so now is their chance to show that anybody can be a success no matter where the are from. I also think that they may influence other people to do well and succeed.
ReplyDeleteI think that their decision to move back to their neighborhoods was a good idea just as long as they stay out of trouble. Also they can be role models to the younger kids and show them that you can be successful if you try hard enough
ReplyDeleteI think it was a good and bad decision because they proably wanted to show their old community how good they are doing and how if you put your mind to something you can do it. But on the other hand I think its bad because they might get involved with some of the bad things that they used to do. Or people might influence them. I would move back because you cant escape where you came from.
ReplyDeleteMoving backto Newark is not that good of a decision, but its ok. Because they might wind up getting into trouble like they did before which could mess up their future. It could be a good decision too because they can help others in their old neighborhood that are trying to do something with thierselves in life like they did. I would not do the same thing because I would want to be in a better neighborood, but I would go back to visit at times.
ReplyDeleteI think moving back to their old neighborhoods was a good desicion. That was a good descion for them to move back to their neighborhoods because they can be mentors to younger boys who were in the same situation as them when they were growing up. I don't think that I would go back to my old neighborhood because that was a thing of the past. Its time for me to move on and explore the world.
ReplyDeleteI wouldnt say that it was a good desicion but I wouldnt say that it was a bad one eather because I would of thought that they would of gone back and did the same thing that they were doin befor. But then again, they could of went back and became great rolmodel for kids that were in the same situation and they could of made a change in their lives as well.
ReplyDeleteI think it was a great idea for them to move back to thier old neighborhoods. It was a good idea because they can be role models for the children in the neighborhood, and hopefully influence them to do good. I might not move back but I would definatly come to visit.
ReplyDeleteI think moving back to Newark was a good idea because they can mentor and be good role models to the kids there making their lives successful just like theirs but the downside to this decision is old friends might try to persuade thm to do all those bad things they did when they were younger but then every choice has its ups and down. If i was given a choice to moved back to my old neighborhood i would choose to stay in Philly rather than moving back to a familiar place might be good but it has to much issue and drama i would visit and check up on old friends and family there plus i enjoy living here.
ReplyDeleteTheir decision to move back to their old neighborhood is both bad and good to me. It's good because they can show the kids in their neighborhood that they can become something in life if they actually try and that just because you're in a tough neighborhood, it doesn't crush your dreams of becoming what you want to be. It's a bad idea because of the things that go around in their neighborhood like shootings, robbings, etc. I may do the same thing or maybe not, it's depending on wherever life takes me after I graduate, if it requires me to move around, I will do so in order to achieve what I've been striving for through all those years of hardwork.
ReplyDeleteI think them moving back to there old neighborhood was a good move for them. I think this because that's where they grew up at and there's like so much memories there for them. I would do the same thing because it would probably be hard staying away from the place you grew up in.
ReplyDeleteMoving back to Newark is a good decision because the people that were drug dealers and robbers their now respect him for being a person in their community to go to college and have a chance to become a doctor. They were even on the newspaper about achieving dreams instead of a African American getting killed. I would like to move back to the old city again if I move to another state because I would like the sweet memories that occurred there. I think that if you lived in a horrible neighborhood then you would not want to come back just because they despise the place.
ReplyDeleteThere decision of moving back was a good decision. I think it was good because they were giving somewhat influence to there friends of how going to college and doing something good is the right thing to do in life. They also seen there family and friends in their own neighborhood. I would go back to my old neighborhood because that is were I grew up. I would also want to see if anything changed.
ReplyDeleteIt was good that they went back to their neighborhood in Newark. There they can see their friends and families which they probably missed over their time away. Another reason why it was good that they went back is because they now could see what they would have become if they dropped out of school. They saw their people struggling and it probably would make them feel proud of themselves for not choosing the wrong path. Also, they would probably want to remember the times they had as a child there and remember the times they mostly spent playing or hanging out with friends during their childhood. I would have gone back to my old neighborhood because that is where I grew up and I would miss the good moments I had there. I would also like to stay around my old friends and my family.
ReplyDeleteThe boys’ decision to move back to their neighborhood was a good one. This is because they can help the people that they grew up with, lived with, and loved throughout their life. Another reason that their reason was good is because they can be role models to the younger kids in their neighborhood and because they will be able to live close to their friends and families. I would go back to my old neighborhood simply because I would be in the familiar territory that I grew up in, and I would be able to be close to my family and friends.
ReplyDeleteI think moving back to Newark was a good decision because you now have a better mind and people that look up to you. The neighborhood that was a bad influence or rather the people thats doing the same can say they need to get their life together or look at you wishing that was them. I would do the same for my neighborhood unless I really like where i am at.
ReplyDeleteI think their decision to move back was a good decision because it was their dream to work in their old neighborhood so they could feel that they were doing somthing for their neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteI would do the same thing because I also want to do someing good in my community as well.
I think it was a good decision for the boys to go back to their old neighborhood because they always wanted to help their old neighborhood and they really need help in Newark. I think I would go back just because you have the bond where you grow up and you would want to go back to your roots.
ReplyDeleteI think it was a good decision for them to move back in Newark because there family and friends were up that way and they would most likely miss them.Another motivation that must be good is that if they wouldn't leave Newark they wouldn't be successful in life and i think this movement to leave was a good idea because they didn't choose the wrong path.Iwould choose the right path because i want to be someone even though family is importing.
ReplyDeleteThe three guys moved back to their neighborhood. What i feel about it, is that they still love their neighborhood even though it broung them struggles. But it's good that they try to mke a difference to the neighborhood. Uh, i think i wouldn't go back because i would try to go more places and see more. But, i would go for a stay to see friends or family, then leave. :)
ReplyDeleteThe decision for the guys to move back to their old neighborhoods was good.This decision was good because they can give back to their community.They can also help people in many different ways and they can see their family members.I would go back to visit but i would move back to my neighborhood
ReplyDeleteThey made a really good decision to move back to Newark because they would be good examples to the other good kids in their neighborhoods. We need more doctors especially in poor neighborhoods. I’m sure they missed their families and friends, plus they could be a really good example that went down the wrong path; just like the karate teacher was a super hero to neighborhoods kids, they can be a super hero figure to other neighborhood kids. If it were me, I would not go back to the same neighborhood because I would not want to be in the same place, I want to get out of Philly.
ReplyDeleteThe three boys decision on moving back into their old neighborhood was a great idea. By moving back into their old neighborhood each of them can give back, or in other words return their love and support to their family, friends, and those who help them during the hard times they went through. I would go back to my old neighborhood. Just to be closer to my family and friends, and also help those to choose the right path.
ReplyDeleteI think it was a bad decision because I think they would get caught up in there old ways . But good to because like everyone said they can help people do better and show them if I can do good coming from here you can to .
ReplyDeleteI think when they moved back to there neighborhood, it was a good thing for them. They would around the ones who they love. I think i would move back to my neighborhood just to be around my family.
ReplyDeletei think Sam George and Ramek are doing a good thing by moving back to the neigborhoods they grew up because they want to be positive influences on the kids in their neigborhood. If I were in their position I probably wouldn't have moved bad to my old neiborhood. I like where I live I just don't want to live in the same place my whole life.
ReplyDeleteI think moving back to their old neighborhoods was a wonderful idea. Now they have a chance to be role models, to younger children. I respect them much more for going back, many people that went through the same things tend to try in forget where they came from rather then embrace it. They understand that in life there is much more then fancy things
ReplyDeleteI believe that them moving back to their old neighborhood was a good idea. Not to go back to their old ways but to enlighten the children there. To tell them that if I can make it, then you can make it. You don't have to think that just Newark just wherever you are is the end. That you can go farther and do greater. That just because you might not have grown up in the best of neighborhoods, it's not the end. I would come back to my neighborhood just to tell the people that I grew up with, and are still growing up, that south philly isn't just it. That there is more out there then drugs, guns, and sitting in/around a corner store.
ReplyDeleteI don't think moving back to their old neighborhoods was a good idea because they could have got into there old way and messed up their careers.I also that it was a bad idea because someone could have been jealous and try to hurt or kill them for no reason.If i had became a doctor, i would have moved to a really nice neighborhood where i did not have to worry about anything and where people would respect me.
ReplyDeleteI think it was a good decision to move back to their old neighborhood in Newark because they can give people help and inspiration that Sam, Rameck, and George didn't have in the past. For example, with their words and experience they can get people off the streets and into school. My firends and I would do the same thing so that we can communicate with them.
ReplyDeleteI liked the fact that they moved back to Newark after becoming doctors because now they can help their friends and family when they're in need of a medical situation. In my opinion, they moved back because of the memories they had there and how much of a success they were since then. They also are there to help out young teens who are struggling out on the streets and being an influence on them to actually focus in school and be the best.
ReplyDeleteIt was a good and a bad decision that the pact: Rameck, Sam, and George moved back to their old neighborhoods. This was a good decision because their neighborhoods was where they started on their perilous journeys in becoming doctors; something that no other people in their neighborhoods could have lived up to. It would be a good experience for them to be back with their families and experience everything all over again, but except this time, they all have something accomplished and can put a great influence on their neighborhoods for the people to look up to them. This is also a bad decision because even though the pact has been through the toughest of situations together to achieve their one dream, they all have to separate in the end. If I was in a pact, and we all achieved our dream, I would have most likely done the same. Reason being that I spent most of my childhood in my old neighborhood and I want to live peacefully with my family and old friends-the people that brought me up during rought times. Yes, if it were me, I would have went back to my old neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteTheir decision of going back to Newark was a good decision because they can help their friends and become role models to the young ones. They can also be closer to their family. I wouldn't go back to my old neighborhood because I want to by a better house and live in a better neighborhood with my family where it's more safe.
ReplyDeleteI do belive that going back to their neighborhood were they origenated was a good decicion. The guys go back and see what has changed in them and that could shoot somones confedence. This also could be a positive effect on children and close friends so they are not in as much trobule as the guys could be in if they didnt leave for a while. I would have defenetly done the same in that situation, because with distance and sucsess leads to somone being lead by a great example.
ReplyDeleteI think the decison of moving back to Newark was a good idea because they are able to help they're friends and reminence on times they had. If I were in a situation like that I would probly consider moving back.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, I think it was dumb for them to go back to Newark. It's so easy to get back into old habits, and that neighborhood was nothing but bad for them. I understand their family was there, but they could come see them. No, I would not do the same thing. If I finally got out of a bad situation, I wouldn't want to be tempted into anything.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, I think that it is a great choice they made. What place can be better than the place you grew up in? What place made you who you are today? How about all the people that influenced you? Maybe that’s what they thought as they made the decision. I would have done the same thing to repay the people that influenced me by making a difference and to set an example for other people.
ReplyDeleteI think that going back to their old neighborhood was a great decision. I think that they came back to compare what they have now to what they use to have. They might also miss what they use to have growing up in Newark. I wouldnt move back to my old neighborhood, because it would seem as if my whole life I was working hard to live where I grew up at. My whole thing is that I would working hard to move to a bigger and better place. I would visit alot to the point that it seemed as if I lived there.
ReplyDeletei think they decided to move back to newark because they saw and experienced all the crime and poverty so they decided to go back and do something to help the community they grew up in. i would move back to my old neighborhood if i saw it was in trouble and needed help. you cant just erase where you come from, its part of who you are.
ReplyDeleteI think it was a good move for the three to go back to Newark. I think that will help them reach to their families and communities.They can reach out to the young men in their communities, and tach them that thhey can change thir lives. I think the can also teach the young men the value of hard work and sucess. I also think , as sucessful black men, they can reach the community. I also think they can help their families and motivate them.
ReplyDeleteI think they made a good decision moving back to their old neighborhood. That community needed help, and they're the pefect people to do so. They can help out the young men and women who have big dreams, like they did when they were younger. Also, most of their family and old friends are still in Newark. I would not have moved back to my old neighborhood because I like moving and seeing new places. But I would've definitely supported my old community by donating money and visiting often.
ReplyDeleteI think the boys wanted to move back to their old neighborhoods because thats where they grew up and because they probably want to make another child's life great by influencing them to do good like people did to them. I would not have moved back because if I had made something good of my life I wouldn't want to chance it by do something stupid. By I could come back and visit all I want.
ReplyDelete